The Insight for Living Biblical Counselling department comprises seminary-trained pastors and women’s counsellors who help meet the spiritual needs of Insight for Living’s listeners around the world through biblical counselling and training...
Signs That Your Husband May Be Involved in Internet Sex
On the day you married your husband, you knew he was the man of your dreams—your knight in shining armor, your Prince Charming. And he made a promise to you that he’d remain faithful till death. But now, perhaps years after saying “I do” and having settled into the routine of life, you suspect he’s cheating on you, not necessarily with a real, flesh-and-blood woman but with a “virtual” woman or women. How can you be sure? Here are a few signs that your husband may be involved with Internet sex.
- Unexplained missing money or charges on your accounts, such as phone bill charges for 900 numbers and credit card charges for Internet sites
- Unexplained absences, strange excuses that seem untruthful, secrecy, known lies and deception that are simply dismissed when questioned
- Regular “alone” time with the computer, erased history files after he’s spent a long period of time on the Internet
- Manipulation and self-absorption, minimizing serious problems or explaining them away as being someone else’s fault, defensiveness when confronted
- Unusual absorption while watching illicit scenes in movies and/or an obsession with watching those types of movies
- Sexual demands of you at home, especially for behaviors that may be uncomfortable to you
- Emotional distance, lack of intimacy in your relationship
If you suspect your husband of being involved in Internet sex, we encourage you to contact our pastor at Insight for Living UK. Simply call 0800 9159364 and ask to speak with Dr. Terry Boyle, or email him at email@example.com.
Copyright 2011 by Insight for Living.